} -->

Saturday 20 September 2014

September Birchbox // Review




Oh beauty boxes , one of the things I really have a love / hate relationship with , well used too!

I subscribed to birch box some time last year and was throughly disappointed , I have paid £10 to get some samples most of which said 'free sample on them' so I unsubscribed straight away.

Through that time i've seen a vast improvement in the boxes and thought I would give it a whirl again , So I subscribed at the beginning on September. 

I'm going to do a little review on the products in the box and what I thought it it as a whole!




So this months box was based on Happy days as you may have guessed! about sharing and remembering good & happy times and all items in the box are to keep you looking great through they times. I thought this was such a sweet idea! 

On to the products

Caudalie // Divine Oil


I have to say I am super impressed with this item, the sample is in a glass bottle and it's 15ml. I'm really bad at describing smells but this smells like cucumber I think don't count me on that! 
You can use this product on face , hair & body , I've used it quite a few times on my hair just on the ends and it's so lovely. Leaves it smelling nice and looking nourished!

Benefit // It's potent! eye cream



I'm sure everyone and their cat has heard about benefits skin care. I haven't got a chance to try anything out yet so when I seen this in the box I was supppper excited. I have read a lot of great reviews and nothing but nice things said about it and I would have to say the same, it's cooling on the eyes and smells very clean. I was impressed with the sample size as well! especially since this is a product where a little goes a long way!

Modelco // Lip Lacquer in Morrocco




Unfortunately for this product in was in the wrong place and the wrong time!
Lipgloss & I don't get along very well and this product really emphasised my dislike for them, I swatched this on the back of my hand and as soon as I took the applicator out the tube the were drips on lipgloss falling off  MESSSSS, this is probably the stickiest lipgloss I've ever tried another reason why I wouldn't let it near my lips and it was really sheer which isn't a problem for some people but I like lip colour to be a lot more pigmented.

I do have one plus about this product and thats it smells like strawberries , so maybe i'll just have it as a small snack instead of lipgloss. (obviously joking)

Premae // Mild dermabrasion face & body scrub 




This product I reallly liked, I often dabble with face scrubs at this time of year cause of the dry skin but I feel like most of the ones I tried just dried it out even more, but this was like a burst of moisture and will definitely be investing in the full size product!

Agave // Healing oil treatment 




This little one is quite a treat, it smells GORGEOUS and rubs in to the ends of my hair just amazing! the sample bottle is glass which I much prefer and a little goes a long way! so I'm sure this will last me a little while before I definitely repurchase!

Urban Fruit // Smashing strawberry


I loved these! they simply just strawberries that have been baked and my god they are tasty. I love little snacks like this that I can just pop in my bag for when I'm out and about and get a bit peckish. You can get these in a variety of different fruits and I will definitely be getting some more!

Well thats my review of Septembers birch box , fancy picking one up yourself? just use this link http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=19411

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger